30 Jan Next Steps
As a church planter, I find that people are fascinated by the idea of starting a church. As I share what the process looks like, I’ve been met with blank stares and responses ranging from the doubtful “Good luck with that,” to the questioning “Can you actually do that?” to the enthusiastic “I want to be a part of that!”
To be honest, I was in the “Good luck with that” camp for a while. But, God has helped me to see the need for new churches, particularly in the Northeast part of America. Today I’m thrilled to say, “I am a part of that.”
Now, the next phase of the journey begins: sharing the vision of church planting with others and, more specifically, inviting them to help us reimagine church in Owings Mills, MD. As we pray for the Owings Mills Project, we are asking God to work in the hearts of people who hear about the plant and lead them to a place where they say, “I want to be a part of that too.”
Whether you are simply curious about the plant, already sense a calling to be part of it, or are just reading this because it popped up in your Facebook feed, I would encourage you to check out one of our Meet and Greets. In the coming months, we are hosting several Meet and Greet gatherings to introduce people to the Owings Mills Project, answer questions, and begin sharing ways you can be involved.
Here is what you can expect at one of these gatherings:
- Meet other people who are interested in the OMP
- Hear background on why we are starting a new church in Owings Mills and what that looks like practically
- Next steps for how you can be involved
- Answers to any questions you have (Feel free to ask these in person or submit them ahead of time to email@example.com)
- A family-friendly environment where kids are welcome to join their parents (Childcare will also be available)
Click here to sign up for one of the following Meet and Greet dates:
Friday, March 10th @ 14 East Chatsworth Avenue, Reisterstown, MD from 7:30PM – 9:00PM
Sunday, March 19th @ Community Christian Church from 12:45PM – 2:00PM
Hope to see you there!